Q: With your service do you offer any type of guarantee that you will pay OSHA fines if we are inspected and cited?
A: Do you offer your patients a guarantee while under your care they will not get cavities, infections, etc?, the answer is “NO”.
I do not sell worthless gimmicks, empty promises, dumb advise or snake oil. I do deliver solid service and my track record will back that up. There are plenty of consultants and compliance service companies that offer a “we pay the fines” guarantees and there are plenty of dentists that had bough into this worthless gimmick, only to find out the hard way, it was all Bull Shit.
Here are some things to keep in mind,
- Ask for a blank contract and have your attorney read it over, do not take the salesperson’s word.
- If the guarantees is for OSHA fines what about citations and fines from the other agencies that will be inspecting your office, like the dental board?
- What proof can the consultant or company provide you that can show they are in the financial position to pay the fines, etc.
- If the guarantee is underwritten as part of an E&O insurance policy, can they provide you with a coverage binder naming you as insured?
- OSHA fines will be issued to you and not to your consultant or the compliance service company, you are 100% responsible to pay the fines in a timely manner.
- OSHA inspectors are not required to talk to consultants before conducting an inspection, when they are in your office, they will go to work!
- OSHA and most agencies do not give you advance notice before conducting an inspection, they just show up and are ready to do their thing!
- Bottom line – doesn’t the guarantee sound to good to be true? (this is where your gut instinct and common sense should kick in)
When people or companies rely on selling gimmicks, they do not deliver value. They also cannot back up their claim. Unfortunately, 99% of the people and companies providing compliance training or services to dental offices fall into this group, they are selling snake oil. However, they do take thousands and thousands of dollars from dentists everyday, why? As P.T. Barnum once said, “There’s a Sucker Born Every Minute”.