A new year means new changes and updates so you need to make sure that compliance is current. Here is a little checklist you can use,
- Employee Handbook current.
- Compliance Manual current.
- Medical Emergency Kit current.
- Employees reviewed compliance manual.
- Employees reviewed HIPAA policies and guidelines.
- Employee professional licenses and CPR cards current.
- Computer software updates and revisions have been installed.
- Current Worker’s Compensation Insurance information is posted.
- Expiration dates on all medications and anesthetics have been checked.
- Date scheduled for annual HIPAA and patient information security training.
- Contact your malpractice insurance company to see if there are new consent forms or health history form you need to be using.
- Date scheduled for annual Bloodborne Pathogens Standard training which OSHA requires employers to provide to all employees.
- Labor posters both Federal and State are for the current year. Labor posters can be purchased at any local office supply retailer like Staples, Office Depot, Office Max, etc.
This would be the perfect time to give the office a good cleaning. Throw away stuff that you are not using and reduce clutter as much as you can.